MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White screen on login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a serious problem today - the posts table crashed and wouldn't repair. However, the webhost managed to repair it for me and the forum works again without any posts having gone missing.

But.... since the database was OK again I noticed 2 things. First, when someone logs in they now get a blank screen (deleting cookies, cache etc makes no diifference). I'm puzzled as to what has changed to cause this. Nothing has happened except the mybb_posts table crashing and eventually being repaired. The problem goes away if the person logging in reloads the page. The white screen goes away and the page appears as normal (so despite the blank page they ARE logged in).

I said 2 things. The second is the "mark all forums as read" option also produces a white page. Unlike the above, you can't fix it by doing page reload. It doesn't carry out the function either, as the forums are not maked as read.

This seems a very odd one to me. As I say, apart from the database needing repair nothing else has been done.

EDIT: I've found a 3rd problem. On clicking the "Send Message" button in private messages the white screen appears. But the message is sent, even if it doesn't leave a copy in the sent folder.
But also if you click on a message received you get the white screen, although if you persevere it seems to work in the end and you get to see the message. From the white screen, press back in the browser and click on the message a second time and you can see it.
Could you provide a link to your forums and some temporary account details in order to test the issues.
Hello euantor.

Yes I will do that, although sadly the database problem has reocurred, with the result that the forum is down again. When it's running again I will give you account details to login. I'm waiting on the webhost.

In the meantime, does anyone know what kind of problem this could be - could it be related to the crash of the mybb_posts file? I guess it must be, otherwise it seems too much of a coincidence, although I just don't see how.

I've had database tables crah before without anything like this happening.

By the way, I've discovered that the problem also happens on registration - submitting details for a new member registration also leads to the plain white page, although the account does get registered.

The reason I'm writing about this again now, rather than waiting for the opportunity to give euantor some test details, is because if I know what kind of problem it is, it could make a difference as to whether to continue with the crashed and repaired table or alternatively restore a backup.

It seems that the problem must be connected to the database in some way, even though I can't see how.