MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to increase instant email notification message content?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I receive notification that some members have replied to subscribed post I get a snippet of that post, the trouble is if the user has quoted me then that snippet is showing only my own content, is it possible to increase notification message content to 200-250 words & not post the quoted content?

Can someone answer this please?
Bumping in of hope getting answer.
I've just searched through loads of files and settings and I couldn't find anything sorry. Might need a dev to answer this one?
ACP > Config > Settings > Posting > Amount of Characters for Subscription Previews = 200
(2012-06-04, 01:53 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Config > Settings > Posting > Amount of Characters for Subscription Previews = 200
You made my day I have been wanting this badly & didn't know this setting was buried there. Now just need one more change is there a way to NOT quote the earlier messages it should only mail the newer messages
or limit quote letters to 100 & then use main message in email.

I am crossing my fingers hope this too can be solved.
There should be. All the subscriptions stuff is handled in ./inc/datahandlers/post.php. With some modifying of that file you could likely remove the ability for quotes to be shown. I can't remember of the top of my head if that's an option within the parser.