MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Liability and disclaimers on stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
People go crazy with their disclaimers and stuff today. Example: I go this kicka** portable airhorn today.

[Image: Ip8In.jpg]

[Image: 72fIn.jpg]

I lol'ed because they say it's not a toy when it totally is.

Dudes just don't wanna get sued.... let's make sure people know that toasters get hot when in use, etc......
It's legalities. I believe Club Penguin when it was opened was "Offically" directed to 16-18 year olds. That wasn't the truth at all. IIRC Runescape is also aimed at 16+ (I'm not sure about anymore but I know it wasn't the case long ago.)
Yeah, but on the link he posted:

Quote:Seen on a Terrestrial Digital outdoor antenna:

“Do not attempt to install if drunk, pregnant, or both.”

I mean, that's a pretty ridiculous warning, lol.
A bit like how you have to be 13 for Facebook, yet it's got millions of kids on. To be honest, I know some 16-17year olds who handle themselves far more inappropriatly online than some 12 year olds... Age isn't the barrier, mental capacity is. And regardless of what others say, older in no way means wiser.
Because of Americans mostly, they do stupid things and get away with it (where did I hear that before).
Some dumbass old hag puts her wet dog in the microwave to dry, dog dies and woman sues the microwave manufacturer and wins !
That's why they need to put it on there, to not be liable for bloody morons doing the most lidiculess things just because the manual didn't say you shouldn't do it.
In Tesco, look at eggs. Warning: may contain egg.
(2012-05-29, 11:24 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]In Tesco, look at eggs. Warning: may contain egg.

Also:
Peanut Butter: May Contain Nuts
For real it says that.
Morrisons supermarket, pine nuts (or was it cashews?) "may contain nuts". REALLY?!?!!!1 OMG!!?

The same with Kellogg's Crunchy nut cornflakes. "May contain nuts". I damn well hope they do!

Likewise, McDonalds now put "cup may be hot" on their coffee cups because an American woman scalded her hand on coffee - and sued McDonalds because they didn't tell her it would be hot.... Dumbass...
(2012-05-30, 06:48 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Likewise, McDonalds now put "cup may be hot" on their coffee cups because an American woman scalded her hand on coffee - and sued McDonalds because they didn't tell her it would be hot.... Dumbass...

Easy money, Lol wish that happened to me. If any company didn't put any of these warnings on packets, I'd definitely go into civil courts and sue there asses.
That's exactly what the problem is though. People do stupid things, purposely or not, and then blame their stupidity on large companies for some easy money.

You only have the human race to thank for stupid warning labels. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3