MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Virus Detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed on the forum that when try to register as a new member I can accept the agreement but can't get any further as it says Virus found Exploit and then the page doesn't display. It lists the page as members.php but I have restored this page from a backup which has scanned clean and it still comes up with the message. Any ideas?
What plugins do you currently have installed?
(2012-05-30, 12:01 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]What plugins do you currently have installed?

Awaiting Activating Message - Not Active
Attachment Downloads Log - Active
Email Admin about new members - Active
Hello World! - Not Active
Javascript Bot Protection - Active
reCAPTCHA Plugin - Active
Restrict Email Domains - Not Active

(2012-05-30, 12:13 AM)CompSol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 12:01 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]What plugins do you currently have installed?

Awaiting Activating Message - Not Active
Attachment Downloads Log - Active
Email Admin about new members - Active
Hello World! - Not Active
Javascript Bot Protection - Active
reCAPTCHA Plugin - Active
Restrict Email Domains - Not Active

Thanks for mentioning the plug ins I found the error to be the Javascript Bot Protection which I have now disabled and configured the reCAPTHCHA Plugin to work correctly.
You do realize that you don't need to use the reCAPTCHA plugin anymore. MyBB implemented reCAPTCHA in the general configuration which can be accessed by going to your Admin CP and looking under Configuration > General Configuration. Just fill in the reCAPTCHA private and public link and you should be good.

Using the plugin is probably just going to cause problems like the ones you're having now.