MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Today's Top Poster ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always think that the word "Today's Top Poster" in stats page is not correct as far as its meaning is concerned. Its mean (which I generally think) is "Today's" top poster, and "today" time starts from 00:01 AM to 24:00 PM , isn't it ?? So it counts the posts from 24 hours, however the word "today" doesn't depicts what it stands for because its counting the posts made in 24 hours from the current time to the time 24 hours before and NOT from current time to 00:01 AM.

I thought where to post this but I think MyBB.com Community & Site Issues is not the place for this question as its a problem of software rather then just this site.
Call it "Current Top Poster"
"Current" doesn't indicate any sort of time frame.

Yaldaram, do you find an issue with "View Today's Posts" also?

While I agree that it isn't 100% correct, I believe it is the simplest way to get the point across.

I can't think of a better (and succinct) way to word it right now, can anyone else? Smile
I always knew it wasn't 100% accurate but I got the idea. I think everybody just knows how it is, I don't think it's an issue.
yep ! I also think this is not an issue....

Take it easy Yaldaram!
(2012-05-30, 08:11 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]I can't think of a better (and succinct) way to word it right now, can anyone else? Smile

IMO it may be re-worded like "24 Hours Top Poster".

(2012-05-30, 08:11 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldaram, do you find an issue with "View Today's Posts" also?

Same.
http://i.imgur.com/YAztf.png
http://i.imgur.com/C56qe.png

Notice the time difference. Its counting 24 hours and not from current time to 00:01 AM duration.
It makes sense to change View Today's Posts as well then.
Something like "Top Poster in the last 24 hours" works for the stats page, but is a bit wordy for the header: "View Posts from last 24 hours".

I think it's a bit of a non-issue...
Either do the whats new sort of idea for the forum like xF uses for the 'view todays posts' or have something like top poster today and do it from the correct time.
I always hated how the stats used 24 hours instead of the day. Tricks me all the time in my ACP...
(2012-06-04, 12:59 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I always hated how the stats used 24 hours instead of the day. Tricks me all the time in my ACP...

Just go to Tools & Maintenance > Statistics instead.