MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is [nocode] a possibility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if there is any way that I can create a [nocode] tag for my forum that will allow me to display MyCode in explanations to new users. I couldn't find anything about this in the forum search.

Thanks!
Try this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-71818.html , instead notice, use nocode.
The default code tag does precisely this. For example:

[b]This is how you make words bold.[/b]
Yes, but I don't want it separated off as a quote. I want to be able to do it in-line. Is there no way?
Like adding [nocode] Your text and it format the text ?
(2012-05-30, 04:29 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Like adding [nocode] Your text and it format the text ?

Well, it doesn't need to format the text, just so that it doesn't convert the MyCode into something interpretable. I can do it by using HTML special characters, but when I submit the post, it converts them to the character should I ever want to edit the post - and then I have to select the specific tags and go back through them one-by-one to correct it. It's a pain in the tuchus.

For example, if I want to explain how to use [size] tags, then I would want to show the tag to the users. With other software, you can surround it with [nocode] and have it show up without the [nocode] tag but with all of the rest.

[nocode][mystyle]TEXT[/mystyle][/nocode]
PRODUCES
[mystyle]TEXT[/mystyle]

It would not stylize according to the definitions of "mystyle."

Perhaps there's a way to substitute the character [ with [ (for HTML formatting) by using MyCode? If not, I'll just continue doing it as I have done.

Here is an example of how I have used this. I'd like to be able to do it without relying on HTML each time — because, as I said, it resets itself to the regular character as soon as I submit (or preview) it, and then I have to substitute it back each time I edit it. It's frustrating.
Is it maybe an idea to use the help docs? There is a list of MyCodes in there, and you can add new codes fairly easily.

With a bit of styling the help docs don't look that bad.

MyCode Help Docs
(2012-05-30, 04:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see noparse

That's what I'm looking for. Does it work?