MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Co-Community #1: Building the Value Proposition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-06-03, 05:59 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 08:14 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 07:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Once you have an idea (e.g. coffee forum), you need to do a value proposition and a competitive analysis before building it out.

Hah, I didn't do any of this for Otaku Space. I just created it.

And how is that working out for you? I can't tell if you are bragging or what.

Look at my site, ahah. It's almost dead. Let that be a lesson to everyone: do your homework first.
(2012-06-03, 05:59 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 08:14 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 07:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Once you have an idea (e.g. coffee forum), you need to do a value proposition and a competitive analysis before building it out.

Hah, I didn't do any of this for Otaku Space. I just created it.

And how is that working out for you? I can't tell if you are bragging or what.

Glad to be back here and hopefully I can do a new one soon. What kind of stuff would you guys like to know?

Possibly a way to capitalize on activity? Like, if you don't have a problem getting members there, how to "keep" them there.
So basically, user engagement? Yes, this is something worth talking about ...
I'd love to see your opinions on how an owner should act. I find myself acting differently to most forum owners here because I disagree with the constant "robot replies" concept. It works wonders for me. Going through Harajuju makes me think our styles are sort of similar.
Probably our styles are similar. It depends on what you want to accomplish, honestly. Cutting down idiots on your own forum is likely to lose you members, but it's probably going to make the more intelligent members respect you more, and keeping low quality content out can be important.

Also, who the hell voted this thread a 1? haha
Bringing this back up -- think a lot of people could still find this useful, haha. Thinking of starting an unofficial MyBB blog (though I wish I could write stuff like this on the official blog, haha).

I hope to have another one up soon once I finish the HARAJUJU refresh.
Very interesting.

My own communities died because I didn't offered something new compared to the other billion anime sites there are outside.
Love this thread, this will really help people starting a website. Hopefully people will read this and understand the members aren't there to help them, but the website is there for the members (to sort of quote a post from Brad in the Showcase section).
Pages: 1 2