MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone want to help me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to start a tech forum, and a partner wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have a few old databases which collectively have approximately 50,000 tech-related posts, 10,000 threads, and 15,000 members.

As a partner you would be more community involved (a community manager of sorts) whereas I would be more like the webmaster. I'm a web designer and developer, and even have my own forum software that I developed. I'm still unsure whether to use that, or MyBB. The only downside is converting the MyBB databases to my software.

Anyways, [email protected] if you're interested.
(2012-05-30, 07:37 PM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking to start a tech forum

I stopped there. Way too many.
Yeah but since we have tons of content already, I figured it shouldn't be too difficult to get a little bit popular at least.
If anything it makes it harder imo.
Eh, it was just a side project anyway since I have a major interest in technology. I'm going to college for business administration then hope to open my own local technology store.

My real current project is a unique idea.
Side projects never work. It takes a lot of effort to create a semi-successful forum. You can have a fourm based on tech but make it unique. Perhaps make the niche smaller by focusing on a particular thing. I still advise against it but making forums around big niches is never impossible - it's just harder.
Mind adding me on MSN? [email protected]

I want to discuss a few things with you.
Interested let me know!!!