MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: board looks for forumdisplay.php on root of domain instead of root of forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The title mainly says it. My forum keeps wanting to look for forumdisplay.php on the root of my domain instead of where it actually is which is in the installed location called /Forums/ just one up from the root. Now im not completely new to this as i have already fixed any errors i have had previously but this one i cant get my head around.

At first i was getting a 404 because originally the forumdisplay.php was NOT located on the root of the domain, but when i placed a copy there to locate an error, i found of course the message i needed to know slightly what was going on.

i get the error and in it describes that it is looking directly on the root for forumdisplay.php
/home/*****/public_html/localhost.com/forumdisplay.php

board version: 1.6.7

I have not installed any new apps to cause this, the only thing that might have cause this is i renamed the install location of the forum. I have already made the change in the main configuration in the acp for the board url and changed the cookie path. I have done many searches but could not find any closely related topics or answers. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You haven't setup Google SEO correctly. Make sure you've applied the core file edits and uploaded the .htaccess file which comes with it. Read the documentation for more information.
(2012-05-30, 07:49 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't setup Google SEO correctly. Make sure you've applied the core file edits and uploaded the .htaccess file which comes with it. Read the documentation for more information.

Alright, i have just applied the .htacess, i must have missed that upon just setting that up yesterday, thanks. This error has been happening since before i installed Google SEO. Im still getting the same results though. 404.
Have you also applied the core file changes?
(2012-05-30, 08:01 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Have you also applied the core file changes?

Oh, yeah i did that before. sorry for the delayed response.

Actually i just tested something, it appears i have conflicting htaccess code.
itll be hard for me to tell what is actually conflicting or not but i believe i have an idea.

I have located the issue. thanks for your help.

it appears that in a section of code i didnt add the rewritebase /Forums/ correctly.
Thank you for your help. its all fixed.