MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to fix mybb forum database error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me someone its urgent .

From yesterday it was like raining of mysql errors in my forum. Below everythread it was showing error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1017 - Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews' (errno: 2)
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_threadviews (tid) VALUES('19')
so to fix it up I actually messed it all but before doing that I took an backup of my site but when I tried to take backup of mysql database it was just of a few KB i don't wht the hell happened then I contacted my host and asked them to restore the site to 31 may when everything was working good and this was the most recent backup we had so they restored it.

But after restoring now then are tons of unusual error coming like if u post thread somewhere, it get posted somewhere else, Thread converts into other language. etc

So is there anyway that I can recover my site back please tell I don't want to loose my site.

However i also have a backup of yesterday afternoon but the mysql data in it is almost to null so can I do anything about it and what is this problem ?

come on some one please help me
This seems to be a problem with your host. The actual file on the database server holding one of your tables cannot be found. You could try uploading a backup to see if the issue's resolved, but I'd advise contacting your host.
You could try repairing the tables in the ACP, however if the backup you took was incomplete there's not a lot we can do about that.
i finally restored a few days old back up but because of that I lost much stuff of my forum is there anything I can do to prevent such things in future ?
Make sure your backups are complete...?
(2012-06-03, 02:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your backups are complete...?
do ^^ & updated backups... if you take backup 1 month back than all your threads, posts and PM within this month are ofcourse not going to be added in your backup file automatically... so make sure you make backup.. very oftenly.. and clean your old backup (if you can , again its a choice).
Suggested backup regime:

Set the scheduled task to backup your database in the middle of the night, local time.
Use a synchronising program like GoodSync to synchronise the backups with a machine at home.
As time goes on, keep the following:
Every day for the last week.
Every week for the last month, same day each week.
Every month for the last year, first week of the month.

Your maximum storage used is 7 x daily, up to 5 x weekly, 12 x monthly. Less than 25 files.
One of your plugins may be conflicting with your MyBB database. check which one it is try going to

Configuration > General Configuration > Disable All Plugins > Yes

And then see what plugin is causing the issue. I had the same problem bro.
This thread is about seven months old, and his problem was already seemingly resolved.