MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: advice on cloudflare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i`ve just been looking at cloudflare and wondering how many of you use it and is it good to have ?
is your site offline when adding a site to cloudflare?
and is the free 1 good?
Moved as this isn't MyBB related.

I use it, serving around 2 million requests and 100K page views per month.

Quote:887,433 requests saved by CloudFlare
1,738,296 total requests

1.2 GB bandwidth saved by CloudFlare
1.8 GB total bandwidth

(Slightly less this month due to mybb.com being down)

Your site won't go offline unless your server is offline. Infact, you can use their technology so even if your server does go down it'll serve a cached page of your website instead.

Don't be put off by it being free, it's a very reliable service. Infact you're currently requesting content from two websites which are using CloudFlare.

The Pro version is good if you want almost-real-time stats (Updated every 15 minutes) and want to take advantage of their SSL service and other cool things they provide.
sounds good so it does`nt affect anything while adding a site to it ?
and am i right in thinking that when i`ve added my site will all my info from WHOIS be private ?
mybb getting hacked has made me look at how secure my own site is and how to improve it
(2012-06-03, 10:14 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]sounds good so it does`nt affect anything while adding a site to it ?

It takes up to 48 hours for the new name servers to resolve and then you should be up and running. You'll need to make some adjustments for the correct IP addresses to show.

See:

https://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/Log_Files
https://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/MyBB_1.6

(2012-06-03, 10:14 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]and am i right in thinking that when i`ve added my site will all my info from WHOIS be private ?

No, you'll have to use a service such as Whois Guard for that.

(2012-06-03, 10:14 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]mybb getting hacked has made me look at how secure my own site is and how to improve it

Enabling 2-step authentication on your email accounts would be a good idea.
You can get WHOIS service from your domain registrar. That has nothing to do with CF.
just added my site to cloudflare next is the Enabling 2-step authentication on your email account i use live how do i enable it on that ?
I'm not sure if Live has two step authentication. If it does, it'll be around the password settings.
(2012-06-03, 10:58 AM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]just added my site to cloudflare next is the Enabling 2-step authentication on your email account i use live how do i enable it on that ?

Best to check with your email provider to see if/how they let you enable 2-step authentication.

Since you just signed up for CloudFlare, however, I can provide you with these helpful tips.