MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Specify usergroup to access a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm having some problems now. I want to specify a usergroup in my forumsettings and allow only them to access a specified forumsection. Like if I have a little VIP section. I want all guests and members to see the threadtitles and the section itself but not the showthread.php. How do I do this?

Do anyone have any suggestions of what I can do or any plugins or so?
i have search this plugin to but not found
Oh okey, I have tried to develope a plugin but it turned out that not all upgraded members were able to visit the section after all. Someone more who know how to do this?
(2012-06-03, 02:56 PM)Chao Wrote: [ -> ]Oh okey, I have tried to develope a plugin but it turned out that not all upgraded members were able to visit the section after all. Someone more who know how to do this?

This sounds complex .. but is this what you want ?
standard users to see the forums normally
upgraded members to see both standard forums & restricted ones

if so you do not need a plugin all you need to do is to put the restricted forums in to a category and edit the permissions to the category for the group(s) you wish to include and also edit the permissions for the forums with in it .
Example :-
Category
permissions given to Admin,Mod, supermod
those 3 groups will see the category an no one else
forum in category
permissions given to admin only
the 3 groups can see the category but only admin can see the forum.

if you need help with the set up pm me
Thanks that you're trying to help.

My problem is that I want all users to see the section normally. But I don't want them to view the threads. I only want the administrators and the upgraded members to view the threads. I found a plugin called Disable Guest but that disables the whole showthread.php and only for guests. I want showthread.php to be disabled only in the VIP section.
(2012-06-03, 06:13 PM)Chao Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks that you're trying to help.

My problem is that I want all users to see the section normally. But I don't want them to view the threads. I only want the administrators and the upgraded members to view the threads. I found a plugin called Disable Guest but that disables the whole showthread.php and only for guests. I want showthread.php to be disabled only in the VIP section.

you have totally lost me Huh ... showthread.php is the vessel to display threads .. its up to you or a plugin to restrict what showthread.php displays ... so back to permissions try
editing the forum permissions then 'set custom permissions' to the group you wish to edit. Under the viewing tab set the options to suit your needs ... perhaps tick 'can view forum' and not tick 'Can view threads within forum' this will allow the group to see the forum but not the threads it contains
When the mods database is back you can edit this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/guest-s-can-t-view-threads

You'll need to find wherever the guests usergroup is and add any other 'standard' usergroups. I'm assuming you know how to do that from earlier posts.
(2012-06-04, 10:24 AM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]When the mods database is back you can edit this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/guest-s-can-t-view-threads

You'll need to find wherever the guests usergroup is and add any other 'standard' usergroups. I'm assuming you know how to do that from earlier posts.

Why I can't access mods section? Sad

Error: Browser can't find the server at mods.mybb.com.
(2012-06-04, 10:30 AM)kunnusingh Wrote: [ -> ]Why I can't access mods section? Sad

Error: Browser can't find the server at mods.mybb.com.

http://blog.mybb.com/2012/06/03/access-t...dates-faq/

It's back now.
(2012-06-04, 10:24 AM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]When the mods database is back you can edit this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/guest-s-can-t-view-threads

Thanks, I appreciate the help Smile