MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Editor changes in 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could we with what ever editor you choose maybe get the option in 1.8 to add custom buttons to the editor without the need to edit the core .js file?

Like shown in this tutorial:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-95808.html

Would be a nice thing to add.
Or just add the option to the Mycodes options to add them directly to the editor, that would be fine to. Something like:

Add Mycode (checkbox) > image used (path to image)> popup window style or not(checkbox).

At the bottom of the options for the MyCode.
I think this would be cool, not sure why no one else posted :/
Yes, please, we beg you Team.

Hopefully they extend the MyCode options, Labrocca also posted one suggestion that seems good too.
(2012-06-06, 02:42 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, please, we beg you Team.
I'm hoping to create an editor section within the ACP which allows you to use any 3rd party editor you like. I haven't started looking into this though as the conversion to jQuery is not complete.

With that in mind, I'm not going to start messing around with editors to provide direct integration with potentially hundreds of MyCode possibilities. If I were to follow anori's suggestions, you would require knowledge of JavaScript anyway (as you would need to eval code instructions once a button is clicked).
(2012-06-06, 08:35 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping to create an editor section within the ACP which allows you to use any 3rd party editor you like. I haven't started looking into this though as the conversion to jQuery is not complete.

With that in mind, I'm not going to start messing around with editors to provide direct integration with potentially hundreds of MyCode possibilities. If I were to follow anori's suggestions, you would require knowledge of JavaScript anyway (as you would need to eval code instructions once a button is clicked).

this answer made ​​my day Big Grin
(2012-06-06, 08:35 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping to create an editor section within the ACP which allows you to use any 3rd party editor you like. I haven't started looking into this though as the conversion to jQuery is not complete.

Would this mean simply a setting like re-captcha ?
Or would we also have build into the ACP options for the CSS of the editor, options for the buttons displayed etc?

Would be really nice to have more options build into the ACP for configuration. I guess i can see the point of not allowing all MyCode but wouldnt this more be a decision for the Admin?
For example what is the real danger of allowing purely the button to insert the first tag of the myCode?
Not talking about the full popup options then. Just inserting the first tag.
Consider the possibility that we give users the ability to implement any jQuery editor. Say there are 10, we would then need to ensure that you're suggestion - the ability to enter custom MyCode - works in any editor the Admin chooses.

If we choose just one customisable editor then I'm sure it's possible. As the 1.8 blog posts mentions, we haven't yet decided which editor to choose so any discussion about it is pretty pointless.
(2012-06-06, 08:10 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Consider the possibility that we give users the ability to implement any jQuery editor. Say there are 10, we would then need to ensure that you're suggestion - the ability to enter custom MyCode - works in any editor the Admin chooses.

If we choose just one customisable editor then I'm sure it's possible. As the 1.8 blog posts mentions, we haven't yet decided which editor to choose so any discussion about it is pretty pointless.

True, but even if you decide to allow multiple editors. Maybe have a "default" editor that has this option to add mycodes easily. Even if its then a special page in the ACP purely for the editor. That when you choose the default editor allows you to add mycodes easily / edit the css easily.

And i guess its true that discussion about it without a fixed plan is not that useful.
If an important feature was available only in the default ACP theme would you bother using the Sharepoint theme? I guess not, so why put a lot of effort into making that feature in the first place?

The extensibility of jQuery should mean that this could be easy to do with many editors available - I actually don't think it is within our scope to provide what is, essentially, custom profile fields for it.
Pages: 1 2