MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Raid Call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://raidcall.com/

I'm wondering if anyone has tried it before. It seems like a pretty cool idea to me. It's kind of like a cross between skype and Vent/TS/mumble.

I'll probably try to use it more once I get my new computer build (had to RMA the mobo Sad). And, since the irc is dead maybe this will be more convenient since you can use it for more than just chat (and if you game it does do voice chat for guilds/clans).

I set up a mybb group just to try it Wink.

The group id is 4756454.
I would use it, but they don't have a Linux version, and the link to the OSX version is broken.
Wine good sir.
(2012-06-03, 08:40 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Wine good sir.

Wine pisses me off to no extent. I can never get anything working properly.
(2012-06-03, 08:52 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-03, 08:40 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Wine good sir.

Wine pisses me off to no extent. I can never get anything working properly.

When I reload Ubuntu I'll write a tut. With audio things you can't use Pulse Audio.
That'd be awesome dude if you could do that.
The only time that I ever used raid call is when I played a game called Eden Eternal. This was back before Christmas, but I haven't really used it since then. I enjoy using TeamSpeak3 and Ventrilo more because of their simplicity. It's just connect and chat. You don't have to go through an annoying login processes.
The login process isn't any harder than TS or Vent. You can set it to auto-login and with TS/Vent you do need to put in the servers IP and what not (which is IMO more work than using a username and password you set for all servers/groups you would need).
Even so, I'm still not fond of it. I much rather use Ventrilo and Teamspeak3 since it's what most gamers use nowadays next to mumble and skype.
My group just used this for the end of double IP weekend. Pretty decent. The text method is a nice addition over vent. Much above Skype and Teamspeak. (Not that it's hard to be better then TS)
Pages: 1 2