MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Correct the error message for return date.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Few minutes ago a member over UB reported that while he was trying to edit his usertitle, he faced the message:

"You cannot return in the past!".

Then I began to hunt down the usercp.php and navigated where it updates the saved changes and found it checks for the correct AWAY status. Unfortunately, above error message does not give much information.

It would be nice if it could be changed to something like:

"You set an away date which is invalid, you cannot return in past. Please review it."

That would give sort of more idea to rookie webmasters or users what is causing that.
I agree a more informal message would be appropriate although it would have to be 'in the past' not 'in past'. Smile Also surely it'd be you set a return date in the past?
Honestly, you should be customizing a lot of the language files to fit the voice of your website. But yeah, that error message is totally confusing.
I do it myself. This message I (my user) encountered for the first. I'd be changing it. I've changed some parts of languages already as to which might not give clear idea.
We are all youth people, we don't want formal writing Toungue

MyBB should use a more formal kind of writing, but yeah, you can do it already for your own forum.