MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging User Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a user who some of you will remember can not log ingto his account. He never could no matter what he tried and several here looked at my forum and said the problem was on his end. I do not think it is but no matter because I cannot fix it or prove it is not on my end. All I know is that he created a new account and log in fine from his same computer and everything, but no matter what I do including restting his paswword he simply cannot log in to his old account. There is no possible way he is entering a wrong password over and over again on one acccount but has not rouble logging in on his new account.

That's the background in fo I need to put out to ask my question. With the knowledge that the problem is possibly on my end - somehow his old account is corrupted somehow or something, if I merge his old account into his new account, is it possible - or probable even - that his new account will be tainted with whatever is causing his old account to be dead and corrupt his new account?

What I plan to do is merge the old account into the new one, and then change his old new account to his old UN.
Merging should be fine! Remember to have a backup just in case.
A backup of the whole site? I do that daily but I won't want to do a restore of the whole site for one account, from what I understand of what a backup actually is. Do you mean there's a way to backup the two accounts then restore them if it doesn't work?