MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pay by group promotions, like xenforo, vb or ipb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Google Checkout is only useful for Americans.
(2012-06-06, 01:59 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]Google Checkout is only useful for Americans.

I've gotten payments from those outside USA with GC just fine.

In any case I believe I listed top payment processor that people would want. Not everyone would use all of them but those are the ones I know have decent APIs and are widely used.
I'm British...
I would support something like this. But the problem could indeed be how many things are you going to support?

For example iDeal is incredibly popular in the netherlands/belgium. Since nobody here pays with either paypal almost or creditcard.
Plus some processors don't allow sales of some types of content.
All of this is pretty much why I think MyBB should stay out of this and just implement hooks that can be used easily with processors.
Ignore companies not popular in the United States and give hooks for the rest.
(2012-06-11, 03:57 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore companies not popular in the United States and give hooks for the rest.

Yes the US definitely deserve priority. They are clearly the most important and we should all bow down and kiss their feet. Seriously though, if they were going to do this they should ask the community but I don't believe it's likely to happen.
It is not as if it really deserves priority, but you cannot make everybody happy (and as far as I know the US is where this project originated in, wasn't it?).
Well Chris is in Australia if I remember correctly.

Either way I don't see it happening for the reason I(and now others) have mentioned.
Pages: 1 2