MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching from one site to another error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if I post it in here, but currently my forums is made my MyBB so I think it should be here.

Well here's the problem:

Well I first created my forums on byethost, but then I did not like the name of it therefore I decided to make a new one and just backup and apply it to my new byethost account.
I didn't really want to start again as I had already typed out and created some forums and categorys so it'd be a waste of time for me trying to do everything again.

Here's what I did: I went and copied the htdocs from my first forums FTP and it's in my desktop now.
Then I went to PHP my admin to export using the "quick method" (there's a custom method" but I wanted to copy everything to my computer"

After it was downloaded, I went to my new byethost account and uploaded the htdocs from before into the FTP.
After it was loaded, I imported the sql file I got from PHP my admin thing to my new account.

After that, I went on my new site, logged in, but when I logged in it showed the "login waiting page" but after that, it just kept saying I had to login to view the forums full thing.

Also every other page I click on, it goes to the link my previous forums had, so only the main page is my new link, other things I click on redirects to my other forum link.

Anyone help please?
Admincp -> Cookie Domain

Admincp -> Cookie Prefix

Change those to represent your new domain.

~ David
Do I go on that from my previous forums?
If you can't access admincp, follow this method:

open ./inc/settings.php

FIND:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";

Replace with
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "COOKIE DOMAIN HERE";

FIND:
$settings['cookiepath'] = "";

Replace with
$settings['cookiepath'] = "COOKIE PATH HERE";

If your unsure of these settings, please provide your forum url

~ David
Hmm, well I changed the cookie path in my old forum and replaced it with my new web address.

But the problem is now I still can't login, all my other pages direct to the right place, but I can't login :/
Forum URL Please?

~ David
PM sent.