MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to disable right click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i've a stories forum.
(2012-06-05, 03:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want people to be able to copy stuff from your site then the solution is to not have a site to begin with.

This. Just keep your images, stories etc... on your hard drive and don't show them to anybody. Then they'll be safe. After all even with right click disabled anybody can just save any html page to his PC. If you want to protect your stories you need to officially protect them with copyright. That's all. Use law, not java!))
Its good some difficult for copier

Mostly copier try one time if he feel some problem he target next site for simple copy....

How add that after Java Script Of Site Not Opened..

I am see some site that after java script of they are not opened
& give warning for viewer to turn on java script ...
(2012-06-06, 01:50 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-05, 03:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want people to be able to copy stuff from your site then the solution is to not have a site to begin with.

This. Just keep your images, stories etc... on your hard drive and don't show them to anybody. Then they'll be safe. After all even with right click disabled anybody can just save any html page to his PC. If you want to protect your stories you need to officially protect them with copyright. That's all. Use law, not java!))

Sounds good in theory, but the Interweb is very big,.... in fact it's very very big, and laws of copyright vary from country to country, and where do you take the case, to the host, or the user.

I've found the most effective way is to contact the hosts, they normally e-mail the offender insisting the plaggiarased work is taken down.

You can also watermark the documents, by putting a background image in the forums.

If it's any comfort, Google now date stamps content, so if some one copies your work, Google will ignore it because it knows it's copied, it can even break it down to sentences, eventually if the offending site does it too much, google will stop indexing it.
Pages: 1 2