MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hack - No source?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
So I got my forums up live today and since then (no issues before) I keep finding my admin account set to a basic/inactive account with no access to the admin panel etc.
It just seems that someone or something is changing my user level.

I host the game on my own server so I'm able to get back my user level. I've changed my password, the inc/config.php and the admin file names but they're still able to do it.
I've checked the logs for admin activity but there is none at all, only myself and I know I'm not doing it. I've tried monitering the guests but until I know what I'm looking for I'm stumped.

Any ideas?
Have you set up a usergroup promotion that affects admins?
(2012-06-05, 03:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you set up a usergroup promotion that affects admins?

Yes I did earlier, I had no idea it would effect the user levels?
Well that's what usergroup promotions do, change your usergroup. If you've got one where admins are listed in the 'Original User Group' setting then it'll affect you, and if you've set it up to move users to a group that has no admin access, you'll get moved to that group and lose admin access. What did you think they would do?