MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Velvet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is a theme I'm currently working on. I'm hoping 1.8 comes out this month so I can try to use it's colors system with the theme. I also made the decision to release this theme for free since I haven't done one for a while.

[Image: iPPkpntcPDHqA.png]
It will be in my drive for a long time if it is free, and may be really use it.

But, it reminds me a lot PixelMonkey's themes o.o

Not to mention you last work.

That doesn't reduce its awesomeness, tough.
-snip-

(You might think it looks like pixelmonkeys because it has a guest welcome message and a house icon for the breadcrumb, but those are both pretty common nowadays)

Anyways, glad you like it.
This looks nice. A bit too many shadows/bevels I think, it's really distracting. Nothing draws my attention to the "main" texts.
Clarkie suggested maybe brightening up the background to bring some more attention to the elements. I'm definitely considering something like that to help with the readability.

Thanks for the feedback brad. Smile
A great work but if you use a container looks better i think
I think a container would warrant a whole reorganization of the layout, so I'm definitely going to stick without one. xD Thanks for the suggestion though. I've updated the first post with some spacing to ease up the cramp, and I added some header effects.
Firstly, who cares if it looks like PixelMonkeys works... that is one of the biggest things to be proud of possible IMO.

Theme looks great. Really good work and can not wait to see it be released on 1.8 Smile
-snip-

So yeah, appreciate it definitely, I'll work toward making themes in a different style I guess. ;.;
(2012-06-06, 04:47 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Not trying to be rude or anything here, just my honest opinion. I'm not a fan of any of Pixelmonkey's work, just seems blocky and (IMHO) overly-inspired by Ehren's work at IPBForumSkins. But that's another matter, I suppose I should take the compliments where they come.

So yeah, appreciate it definitely, I'll work toward making themes in a different style I guess. ;.;

Themes are always personal opinion. Some like it some don't.

As for making themes in a different style... don't. This one you have here in WIP is great. Keep that style.
Pages: 1 2 3 4