MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Final Wordpress & MyBB Single Sign On Bridge and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love for there to be a working bridge to link the users. I do want want them creating multiple accounts on my site. Could this be available for MyBB 1.8? It would be really nice. Lots of people are searching for this solution.
(2012-06-05, 09:43 PM)Akshay2598 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love for there to be a working bridge to link the users. I do want want them creating multiple accounts on my site. Could this be available for MyBB 1.8? It would be really nice. Lots of people are searching for this solution.

MyBB 2.0 will have an API, which should simplify the project.
sure mybb 2.0 will move forum softwares to new level because of API Smile , we can do anything we want
I'm not quite sure I necessarily understand the request here. If you mean you have both MyBB and WP installed and you want people to be able to sign up using both registration systems and then login with either one from the other one, I can see that getting very messy really fast. A more ideal solution is to effectively replace both login systems altogether with a dedicated product and plugins that utilize the dedicated product.

Toward that goal, I recently released a new piece of standalone software that does SSO:

http://barebonescms.com/documentation/sso/

One of my next objectives for that product is to write a plugin for MyBB since I use MyBB on my own forums and I'd like to integrate the two. I've also written quite a few MyBB plugins and I'm pretty sure I can successfully hook the MyBB login system at a low enough level that the software won't be able to notice. I'm also familiar with WP plugin authoring and hooking the WP login system, so it won't be too hard to author a plugin for that. One thing at a time though and, at the moment, I'm still figuring out what project to work on next and how to fit it into my schedule (planning phase).
Did you make that? It looks wonderful although I'm confused. How does it work with MyBB & Wordpress User Integration. BTW I wanted only MyBB accounts and People can sign onto Wordpress from MyBB.
I created a WP + MyBB bridge (a fork of a WP plugin) a while ago, and I haven't been able to continue development. If there is a good developer out there that wants to finish it I'd be happy to hand over the files plus a (possible) way to integrate cookies (a major missing feature).
SO how can I bridge my MyBB users into Wordpress?

Any ideas on this?
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/zing...changelog/
For support for current versions of MyBB please use the corresponding forums. Thanks.
For SSO, some actions that may help:

1. Create a copy of the file members.php and rename it as: membersSSO.php.
2. Do the following changes:

if($mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" && $mybb->request_method == "post")
To:
if($mybb->input['action'] == "do_login")

$user = array(
'username' => $mybb->get_input('username'),
'password' => $mybb->get_input('password'),
'remember' => $mybb->get_input('remember'),
'imagestring' => $mybb->get_input('imagestring')
);
To:
$user = array(
'username' => $_GET["username"],
'password' => $_GET["password"],
);

Then, redirect to the following page:
<forum url>/memberSSO.php?action=do_login&username=<my username>&password=<my password>

You are able to log in.

Of course this method lacks of security. You need to do something more sophisticated to encrypt usernames & passwords in GET requests.  Smile
(2016-01-15, 08:29 AM)iNicholas Wrote: [ -> ]For SSO, some actions that may help:

1. Create a copy of the file members.php and rename it as: membersSSO.php.
2. Do the following changes:

if($mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" && $mybb->request_method == "post")
To:
if($mybb->input['action'] == "do_login")

$user = array(
'username' => $mybb->get_input('username'),
'password' => $mybb->get_input('password'),
);
To:
$user = array(
'username' => $_GET["username"],
'password' => $_GET["password"],
);

Then, redirect to the following page:
<forum url>/memberSSO.php?action=do_login&username=<my username>&password=<my password>

You are able to log in.

Of course this method lacks of security. You need to do something more sophisticated to encrypt usernames & passwords in GET requests.  Smile

Or you send the form already to memberSSO.php instead...