MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add reputation as admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't see this in the control panel.

I am looking for a plugin where the admin/moderators are able to add or remove a users reputation (including their own).

For example someone begging for reputation points, I will put them into the negatives.
You can do it via the phpMyAdmin settings.
(2012-06-06, 04:23 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]phpBBMyAdmin settings.
Ow. PhpMyAdmin.
(2012-06-06, 05:21 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 04:23 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]phpBBMyAdmin settings.
Ow. PhpMyAdmin.

Derp. My bad. Going to edit that.
Moderators have on chance (in most cases) to access phpMyAdmin so its of no use.

Let me have to some-up, you want to allow selective usergroups (mods/admins) to rep negative points? And deny all others to use negative reping ??

If its the case then I've posted a similar tip somewhere. Let me have to google that for you.

Here it is: http://yaldaram.com/thread-507.html?highlight=negative
What I want to do is allow admins and moderators to specifically give or takeaway rep from users.

For example right now, as the admin, I cannot give myself reputation. Another user must give me rep.

I want a way to give myself 1000 rep points for example.

I also want a way to take reputation away from another user.
There is no conceivable scenario where it is justified to give yourself reputation. That said, as posted above, you could edit the value in phpMyAdmin.
(2012-06-07, 01:16 AM)zyzz Wrote: [ -> ]I want a way to give myself 1000 rep points for example.

I'm sorry but its absolutely opposite to what reputation feature stands for. It acts like a mark of appreciation to someone else other then you. Do you say thanks to "yourself" ?
I was giving an example. It's my forum, who cares? People here are very critical here LOL.

If you know how to do it, tell me please. Or if you have time and can make the plugin, please do it would be appreciated.
Because it's like asking "how can I increase a thread's reply count without adding new replies?" just because you are the owner does not mean MyBB should waste time making it so admins can undermine core concepts of the software. You are trying to use reputation in a nonsensical way.

That said, as already stated, you can do this in phpMyAdmin.