MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A default tabbed menu or sidebar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think they have a purpose on forums that have an insane amount of members and content (see: HackForums). But that is a very big exception to the rule. Nobody is using tabs properly.
(2012-06-11, 01:10 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I think they have a purpose on forums that have an insane amount of members and content (see: HackForums). But that is a very big exception to the rule. Nobody is using tabs properly.

A thousand gazillion times this.
I didn't add tabs till HF was at least 2 years old and had hundreds of thousands of posts...I might have been over a million even. I just know I grew HF organically while a lot of forums are now built as if they're already popular and just clones of other popular forums. That's definitely not how you create a forum.
labrocca, you are a Big Board Owner. But why are you denied support?
(2012-06-11, 09:47 PM)Akshay2598 Wrote: [ -> ]labrocca, you are a Big Board Owner. But why are you denied support?

Because he owns a hacking forum. It's a very rare case when labrocca would need to ask for support anyway.
(2012-06-11, 06:12 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't add tabs till HF was at least 2 years old and had hundreds of thousands of posts...I might have been over a million even. I just know I grew HF organically while a lot of forums are now built as if they're already popular and just clones of other popular forums. That's definitely not how you create a forum.

Exactly. They don't know how wrong is doing this.
Pages: 1 2