MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating Custom MyCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hey guys, a question:

so i made an additional [del] tag (new version of s/strike for strikethrough text) ... how can i add a nice button to the editing buttons and make it behave like the other buttoms (e.g. mark text,click button, tags auto inserted etc...) ?
When i add a custom Mycode, there is no button when i click "New reply" Angry
That's normal; if you want a button for it, you need to add it in editor.js
There's a tutorial for that.
Ok, thnx Lex!
Is there some MYcode, for google?

So when a user post [google]Mybb[/google], Mybb is a clickable link to googlesearch?
How can I get java script to work with mycode?

I heard that as a default mybb changed the script code to something else.

Is there a workaround that is still secure?
(2008-07-06, 11:30 AM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]That's normal; if you want a button for it, you need to add it in editor.js

what kind of edit i need to know to add a button?
(2008-08-08, 06:05 AM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I get java script to work with mycode?

As a security prevention manner, it strongly recommended that any JS related things should not be made with user outputs unless it properly and accurately validated. So I also recommend you to leave this feature unless you knew that what are you doing.
(2008-08-08, 06:57 AM)Azagthoth Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-06, 11:30 AM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]That's normal; if you want a button for it, you need to add it in editor.js

what kind of edit i need to know to add a button?

Don't know if this still applies for MyBB 1.4;
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-12693.html
(2008-08-09, 02:32 PM)imei Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-08, 06:05 AM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I get java script to work with mycode?

As a security prevention manner, it strongly recommended that any JS related things should not be made with user outputs unless it properly and accurately validated. So I also recommend you to leave this feature unless you knew that what are you doing.

I'm willing to take the chance. How do I get around this and get javascript to work in a post?
Very handy tutorial, custom MyCode confused me until recently too. Good job.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9