MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments dissappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Randomly attachments in many of my forums threads have simply been vanishing, they leave behind the [attachement=xxxx] code in the post, and the files are still there on the server. I looked up some of the disappeared attachments in the database and they lacked a posthash, which I would presume is the problem.

What is removing these posthashes and is there any way I can restore them?

I haven't touched my forums settings to changed anything in months and this problem just started happening yesterday. This is the 2nd time this has happened, the first time it ended up taking all the attachments and I had to reupload everything from scratch, really don't want to do that again.

My forum is www.loverslab.com (NSFW)
Can you please provide any testing account ?
(2012-06-07, 06:36 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please provide any testing account ?

Sure
username: testaccount
password: temp1234

After viewing source while on the edit page of the affected posts, I am seeing an empty posthash there as well.
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="" />

EDIT:

I've fixed the problem. For anybody else who might be in a similar situation:

The culprit for me was the Tapatalk extension, anytime somebody posted using their phones Tapatalk app, it would for some reason grab onto 60+ attachments from elsewhere in the forum and change the post ID of the attachment to that of the new post using Tapatalk. Editing this persons post revealed all the missing attachments sitting in their posts edit view.

I've disabled and removed the plugin completely, and manually reassigned all post id's of the attachments back to their original posts. Though the posthashes are still empty on all these attachments.

Though I 'm still curious why it's happened if anybody can shed some light on it, plenty of people seem to be using the Tapatalk extension with no problems at all.