MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: carom3dvn.com - Carom3d Viet Nam club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-06-08, 05:00 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 04:55 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]We fully disagree at what we consider ripping/using somebody's theme. And when it is his / her theme.

And that i fully agree with Tim B's post, and the comparison made between:

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/skindemo/?s...54b8e06fd4&
http://demo.pixelmonkey.co/mybb/index.php
Way easier, then the pointless discussions that come from these debates.

Again you're missing the point completely.. He installed 'the cure' onto his forum then made edits to it.. the moment he decided to install 'the cure' and use it as a base to make his theme he was then binded by their terms to keep their copyright in tact regardless of how much he edited the theme..

No i fully understand what you say, i just disagree with what you say. Thasts something completley different. If somebody edits a theme almost beyond recognition. I find it then no longer the theme of the original author. But thats just my opinion.
(2012-06-08, 05:05 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 04:55 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]We fully disagree at what we consider ripping/using somebody's theme. And when it is his / her theme.

Again you're missing the point completely.. He installed 'the cure' onto his forum then made edits to it.. the moment he decided to install 'the cure' and use it as a base to make his theme he was then binded by their terms to keep their copyright in tact regardless of how much he edited the theme..

No i fully understand what you say, i just disagree with what you say. Thasts something completley different. If somebody edits a theme almost beyond recognition. I find it then no longer the theme of the original author. But thats just my opinion.

It is irrelevant if you don't agree.. what I said is the facts .. regardless of the amount of edits made the copyright must remain intact.. that's the facts.. no opinion optional

Quote:Do not redistribute this release without provable consent from audentio.com management and administration. Do not remove the copyright under any circumstances without contacting administration or management at audentio.com. Copyright removal is a valid option after paying a fee. You will only get the provable code by contacting us and receiving it personally from an administrator. Do not resell under any circumstances. Failure to comply with the above will result in prosecution to the full extent of the law.
(2012-06-08, 09:36 AM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Domain: 7/10.

Colors and Theme: perfect, 10/10.

Red Moving Thing: that distraction needs to go, 2/10.

Logo and Pool Balls: if your site is about carom billiards and not pool, then use of any numbered pool balls is absurd, 1/10.

Carom3d is a online game with some game type: carom 3 ball, 4 ball, pool, snooker,... and more Big Grin

(2012-06-08, 01:09 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 12:31 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing this is an edited version of 'the cure' by audentio.. if not you're certainly using images and code from it.. you should add their copyright back to the footer

The only real similarity between the two seem to be some borders maybe a few images.
And there is this bar:

[Image: compare.jpg]

But that also has been heavily modified, the font color etc.
In the end its not atleast from how i can see it really the same theme anymore.
Maybe the general idea / a few parts of the code but still he has made so many changes to the CSS / templates.
I dont think you can say its audentio's design anymore.

OT:

I like the design and colors, only thing i would change is, put the pro stats block at the bottom and not above the whole forum section.

Thanks Smile
(2012-06-08, 01:32 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]According to Audentio's terms no matter how much you edit the theme you must still keep the copyright in tact.. so they have no choice

The first, i use "the cure" theme for main style (with copyright), after that i want to make a theme with style by myself but base on the cure. Up to now i see that it's theme by me near 100% Smile, so i remove copyright and i think it's not big problem.
But to respect the original, i will add copyright again until it's 99.9% my theme Smile. It's OK?
Anyway, thank all.

Sorry for my bad English.Sad
(2012-06-08, 05:05 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]

So if I would edit MyBB that you can't say it's MyBB anymore, even though I'll still have code from MyBB hidden beneath, there is no reason for me to retain copyrigh t?
That's basically what you are saying, and I disagree with that completely.
No matter how much you edit it, you still unless you rewrite the whole thing there is still someone elses work on there and by using that you agree to their copyright.
@OP, not directed at you I just want to proof my point here.
You haven't added the copyright like you said...

"Designed and Developed by Carom3dVN Group", give me a break. You edited tiny parts and claim you've edited everything. Just add the copyright, Jesus Christ.
(2012-06-09, 01:54 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't added the copyright like you said...

"Designed and Developed by Carom3dVN Group", give me a break. You edited tiny parts and claim you've edited everything. Just add the copyright, Jesus Christ.

Thank you.. I'm glad someone understands
(2012-06-09, 01:54 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't added the copyright like you said...

OK, im busy.
I dont think it's big problem.
You don't know i used many thing from things that do not belong to me: plugin, mod, images, sound,....
How i can show "copyright" for all.

Sometimes we need to be more generous.

How you can say: You edited tiny parts and claim you've edited everything. It's a funny.Wink
Busy? It takes two seconds so that's absolute bull. As soon as I opened your site, I was planning this reply "You shouldn't use The Cure, it's such a popular free theme". Just add the copyright, you're obviously just purposely avoiding it to try and seem leet to your users, but all you've done is made it more ugly - either way - copyright needs to be added.
Big Grin ok closed topic here.
Pages: 1 2