MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: carom3dvn.com - Carom3d Viet Nam club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,
Carom3dvn.com just issued, invite all to join with us.
Carom3d is "world best online billiard game" and you should know how to play it, all skills and experience (text, image, video,...) is shared on http://carom3dvn.com.

[Image: logo1.gif]

Enjoy! Thank all.
Domain: 7/10.

Colors and Theme: perfect, 10/10.

Red Moving Thing: that distraction needs to go, 2/10.

Logo and Pool Balls: if your site is about carom billiards and not pool, then use of any numbered pool balls is absurd, 1/10.
I'm guessing this is an edited version of 'the cure' by audentio.. if not you're certainly using images and code from it.. you should add their copyright back to the footer
(2012-06-08, 12:31 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing this is an edited version of 'the cure' by audentio.. if not you're certainly using images and code from it.. you should add their copyright back to the footer

The only real similarity between the two seem to be some borders maybe a few images.
And there is this bar:

[Image: compare.jpg]

But that also has been heavily modified, the font color etc.
In the end its not atleast from how i can see it really the same theme anymore.
Maybe the general idea / a few parts of the code but still he has made so many changes to the CSS / templates.
I dont think you can say its audentio's design anymore.

OT:

I like the design and colors, only thing i would change is, put the pro stats block at the bottom and not above the whole forum section.
According to Audentio's terms no matter how much you edit the theme you must still keep the copyright in tact.. so they have no choice
(2012-06-08, 01:32 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]According to Audentio's terms no matter how much you edit the theme you must still keep the copyright in tact.. so they have no choice

I think we should wait for the back story before pointing fingers. You do realize that Audentio does offer a copyright removal service for a fee. You should wait for word from Mike himself.
(2012-06-08, 01:32 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]According to Audentio's terms no matter how much you edit the theme you must still keep the copyright in tact.. so they have no choice

The problem is with this, when is it his code / images? Does he design every single one of the images himself. Or just grabs a number of them from a icon database?

All these things you need to account for. When is something still the design of the original author and when is it the design of somebody else?

Since by your line, even if it would have 1 equal line of code it would require the copyright meaning every site in the world would have about 20 million lines of copyright lines.
(2012-06-08, 03:29 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is with this, when is it his code / images? Does he design every single one of the images himself. Or just grabs a number of them from a icon database?

All these things you need to account for. When is something still the design of the original author and when is it the design of somebody else?

Since by your line, even if it would have 1 equal line of code it would require the copyright meaning every site in the world would have about 20 million lines of copyright lines.

You are getting way away from the point.. I'm simply stating that if he uses Audentio's theme he must keep the copyright in tact no matter how much he edits the theme..

Something is not the design of the original author when you don't start with their theme to begin with..
(2012-06-08, 04:01 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 03:29 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]

You are getting way away from the point.. I'm simply stating that if he uses Audentio's theme he must keep the copyright in tact no matter how much he edits the theme..

Something is not the design of the original author when you don't start with their theme to begin with..

Lets just like people in the other thread yesterday come to this conclusion:

We fully disagree at what we consider ripping/using somebody's theme. And when it is his / her theme.

And that i fully agree with Tim B's post, and the comparison made between:

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/skindemo/?s...54b8e06fd4&
http://demo.pixelmonkey.co/mybb/index.php
Way easier, then the pointless discussions that come from these debates.
(2012-06-08, 04:55 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]We fully disagree at what we consider ripping/using somebody's theme. And when it is his / her theme.

And that i fully agree with Tim B's post, and the comparison made between:

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/skindemo/?s...54b8e06fd4&
http://demo.pixelmonkey.co/mybb/index.php
Way easier, then the pointless discussions that come from these debates.

Again you're missing the point completely.. He installed 'the cure' onto his forum then made edits to it.. the moment he decided to install 'the cure' and use it as a base to make his theme he was then binded by their terms to keep their copyright in tact regardless of how much he edited the theme..
Pages: 1 2