MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ability to "lock" templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

So if you make a theme and in your ToS it says that they are not allowed to remove your copyright from the footer or whatever. You could have it so that the designer can "lock" the footer template and requires a password to "unlock" it and to then edit it. This way they can't remove the copyright even if they wanted too, but could pay the designer for copyright removal and then get the password.

This will stop people from removing the copyright from themes.

~Hostpro
Wouldn't really work since they can still edit it from the database or before they install the theme they could change the code.
Forgot about that, I'll keep thinking Smile

~Hostpro
Plus it would inhibit people from editing their theme to make it at least slightly unique
(2012-06-08, 06:28 PM)Dark Entities Wrote: [ -> ]Plus it would inhibit people from editing their theme to make it at least slightly unique

I don't mean lock the whole theme, just certain sections for copyright stuff.

~Hostpro
Themes and template content are exported as xml files.It's not hard to open text editor (ala notepad) and find "THeme created by <author name>" and remove it.
I realise that now,

~Hostpro
I kind of like the idea but not in that way. But would be cool to have a "locking" feature in the Templates/Themes. For example, If I want to lock certain portions of the templates from being edited by certain user or group. I wouldn't have to worry about other people editing the templates for various reasons. Yes you can set certain groups from accessing the ACP, but other administrators can.

Big Grin
(2012-06-09, 12:17 AM)usedragon Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of like the idea but not in that way. But would be cool to have a "locking" feature in the Templates/Themes. For example, If I want to lock certain portions of the templates from being edited by certain user or group. I wouldn't have to worry about other people editing the templates for various reasons. Yes you can set certain groups from accessing the ACP, but other administrators can.

Big Grin

You can already do that via Admin Permissions.
(2012-06-09, 12:36 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-09, 12:17 AM)usedragon Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of like the idea but not in that way. But would be cool to have a "locking" feature in the Templates/Themes. For example, If I want to lock certain portions of the templates from being edited by certain user or group. I wouldn't have to worry about other people editing the templates for various reasons. Yes you can set certain groups from accessing the ACP, but other administrators can.

Big Grin

You can already do that via Admin Permissions.

Oh.... sorry lmao
Pages: 1 2