MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting MyBB to vBulletin 3.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've used MyBB for a long time now. I am very satisfied with it, and I think MyBB will CRUSH SMF anyday. I am really amazed how a free forum can be this great.

Anyways, my forum members feel that in order for our forums to get even bigger, we need to move to vBulletin. I feel terrible that I am leaving Mybb, but I will suggest it to all starting webmasters.

I was wondering, how can I convert to vBulletin?

Will this method work?

1) Convert into PHPBB
2) Convert PHPBB into vBulletin

Would that be really buggy? Will I lose passwords?
You will have to ask somewhere else for an converter for this as you're leaving MyBB.
You don't need vBulletin to handle a large load. Infact, the biggest community on the 'net is running phpBB.

I plan on sticking with MyBB, if there continues to be support.
I'd say that's an real good chance for. Wink
Mybb is heading in the right direction but if you have a forums which needs a lot of features that are bug free...VB is the way to go. I believe VB does have MYBB as part of their conversion tool (impex).

I still think you should stick with mybb though. I recently converted a huge phpbb site to VB...it was a real pain. VB has so many options it's a nightmare actually. Great system but it's overkill for most sites.

How many members and posts do you have? Is there a mod in VB you need? Maybe we can help you make a mod for mybb that will satisfy your forum members. Have you updated to mybb 1.2? It's new ajax features are great and it might be enough to satisfy them.
If you are trying to convert to Vbulletin, you should ask the people over the to do it.
The MyBB converters help people to convert to Mybb. and the VBulletin converters help people to convert to Vbulletin. That makes sense doesn't it?