MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcement v2.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
First: You're right. You have to upload the files like they are in the .zip file

Second: If you want to uninstall it you have to uninstall it first in the ACP. After that you can remove all files from your server. And yes the plugin will add a new table to your database and change some templates. But everything will be removed when you uninstall the plugin.

Third: I don't think so. I started to develop it with 1.6.5 and till now every update works fine.
(2012-07-30, 07:57 PM)Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Second: If you want to uninstall it you have to uninstall it first in the ACP. After that you can remove all files from your server. And yes the plugin will add a new table to your database and change some templates. But everything will be removed when you uninstall the plugin.

So if I deactivate the plugin in AdminCP that will uninstall the plugin and remove any changes to my database and my forum? In other words my forum will be as it was before I installed this plugin? I know I would still need to delete the three plugin files. Thanks again.
The activate/deactivate function just do the changes in the templates. The db changes are made by the install/uninstall function. But after uninstalling the plugin your forum will (normaly) be as before installing it Wink
(2012-07-30, 08:26 PM)Jones Wrote: [ -> ]The activate/deactivate function just do the changes in the templates. The db changes are made by the install/uninstall function. But after uninstalling the plugin your forum will (normaly) be as before installing it Wink

I thought deactivate was the same thing as uninstall. I feel very stupid. Could you please tell me how to uninstall your plugin? I don’t see an option to uninstall plugins in AdminCP. Please excuse my ignorance about this.

Now I'm wondering if the plugins I'm using lack an uninstall feature.
There are two links in the ACP plugin menu:
[attachment=26960]

If a plugin don't use the install/uninstall functions just the deactivate link will be shown.
(2012-07-31, 06:09 AM)Jones Wrote: [ -> ]There are two links in the ACP plugin menu:

If a plugin don't use the install/uninstall functions just the deactivate link will be shown.

Thank you very much for your help.
Jones,

I recently came here to download you're plugin: Annoucement v2.3 and I installed it correctly, I activated the plugin and went to the annoucement bar and when I entered my message and clicked Save I got this ERROR message:
I'm sorry, but you can't use this board until the administrator fixes the problem.

I am the admin though
This message isn't from the plugin. I don't know where it is from but it is definitely NOT from announcement. As you can see here the string isn't defined by my plugin.
Updated version 2.4.
You can now set two more settings:
-Allow User to hide the announcement
-Show the announcement in threads (tid)
Hi, you mod is not support other language ? THAI language.
When i type "ประกาศ" and save before is saying "?????"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7