MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcement v2.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Really nice plugin, anyway it would be nice to add this:

- option to set end date
- hot to add a gradient background? I tried it in css but no success

There is a little bug - when you disable "Show the Announcement global?" -> this announcement is moved under the navigation, why? I wanna leave it on the top
(2014-10-28, 01:37 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]- option to set end date
Sounds good, probably I'll add it sometime Wink

(2014-10-28, 01:37 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]- hot to add a gradient background? I tried it in css but no success
Try adding the background as background color. The value of the background field is added as "background: {value};".

(2014-10-28, 01:37 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]There is a little bug - when you disable "Show the Announcement global?" -> this announcement is moved under the navigation, why? I wanna leave it on the top
That's not a bug. If you use a global announcement the "header" template is used (where the navigation is also set). If you disable the global thing the "index" template is used - which is after the navigation was added.
Best Plugin but doesn't support BBCodes Sad
But it supports HTML Toungue
(2014-12-02, 03:00 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]But it supports HTML Toungue

Yeah, this is the best thing of this plugin. There are a lot of Announcement plugins with BB code, but this is the only with HTML support. 

(2014-10-28, 01:37 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice plugin, anyway it would be nice to add this:

- option to set end date
- hot to add a gradient background? I tried it in css but no success

End date idea is so useful! 
Thanks for a great plugin. Would it be possible to allow guests to hide the announcement bar as well? I would would like to use an announcement bar for cookie notification.

If the code is easy I am happy to add myself if you have no plans in the immediate future to update.

Thanks,

Talen
The code should be easy. Simply set a new cookie with a comma seperated list of announcement id's that are dismissed and check that cookie before displaying. Feel free to create a PR on GitHub as I don't have the time for it atm.
Thanks for the info. I will have a try at doing that.
Since update from 1804 to 1805 announcement does not work anymore. It does not show up anymore, even in the Admin permissions it does appear anymore. The same happens with a fresh installation of 1805.
I can't see anything wrong, just installed it on a fresh installation. Are you sure it's correctly uploaded, activated and the plugin system itself is activated?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7