MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So my hosting ran out and now I'm at a new host..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
..I have everything working except my forums. I get this error:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user '*******'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Upon restoring my site, I only restored a home directory backup. I didn't do "Restore a MySQL Database" because I'm not sure if I should or how to even go about it.

Actually, I did try to upload a file I had from a backup that was named "mysql.sql" and I put it in my public.html section. When I went to edit it the information seemed to be centered around my previous host and such.

I can't remember how, or I don't know how to just enter my forums raw. It's been so long. Maybe if I could get raw into the forum I could do something more, but all I know of how to get there is www.mysite.com/forum, the path i made for it.
If you recently moved to a new host with a different mysql name/password, you'll have to edit your inc/config.php file and settings.php

This will update what Mybb reads for the Mysql info.
Hmm. I'm not that great at these things to make it with that advice there. Can you elaborate any further? What do I edit exactly?

Do you think if I did a clean install of mybb, then in the clean forum I can do a restore somehow and have everything back? Posts, layouts, etc..
I think it would just be much easier to just edit that file.

Open up your /inc/config.php file using notepad and find where the Mysql info is.

I'm sorry I don't have mybb installed right now so I can't show you where it is.

If you can't find it you can PM me all the code and I'll show you which part you need to edit.[/code]
I can find the files I'm just not sure how to edit it, what to change, etc.. I mean this is a clean hosting swap. So with this host I didn't go through even the basic mybb installation of creating an mysql database and a user for it with all privileges and what not. Not sure how to go about it.
The best way would be to reinstall MyBB, as you already have a backup, you can copy everything back except the inc/config.php file.
This would be the best way in my opinion, or else you an also navigate in your cPanel File Manager to your inc folder, which is located in your MyBB installation root, and open config.php from the folder.
Then find:
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
If localhost is not your hostname, then replace it with your hostname and search for it.
You will find something like:

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'mybb';
$config['database']['password'] = '********';

And just fill in your details.
Then search for:

$config['database']['database'] = '
And fill in your database name

That should be it.

And make sure that the database and the user account actually exist in your new host.
After following those steps I seem to get this error:

Quote:SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'name_mybb.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Quick edit, one second I might've resolved this.

Ok so I manged to get my forum restored looking how it used to, with the most recent posts and such. Yet I can't get into my Admin CP. Apart from that everything seems fine.

I get this error:
Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.mysite.com Port 80

Before I got this, I was given the opportunity to enter my username and pass to get in, which I did, and I did it correctly as far as I'm concerned but it didn't work. Now I can't seem to enter it anymore. I just keep getting this error.

Also, I'm pretty sure something is a bit off when it says "[email protected]" because on original installation I made sure to use a different email than that.