MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error 1142 - help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi forum,
When I create my forum I experience this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1142 - DROP command denied to user 'sinfulangle'@'184.168.152.162' for table 'mybb_adminlog'
Query:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS mybb_adminlog

How do I get around this?
Thanks.

Please respond
Please respond
(2012-06-11, 02:43 AM)sinfulangle Wrote: [ -> ]Please respond

You dont have permissions for the DROP SQL command easiest way is to contact your hosting provider and ask them to grant you full privileges.

Or if you know how to do it yourself and have access to the phpmyadmin panel you probably are able to do this yourself using the GRANT statement (if you do this you need to be 100% sure you know what you do. Easier is to simply contact your host)
As stated above, it's a problem with the permissions your SQL user has within the database. You may be able to change the permissions via phpmyadmin but if you can't, contact your host.
Thanks for the help guys, but my host (www.godaddy.com) said they cannot support this error. Sad

What do I do?
Get a better host. There's really nothing else you can do.
(2012-06-13, 09:01 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Get a better host. There's really nothing else you can do.

I like them, hmm.. I'll ring them back I've got this working before on a older version.

thanks for the help by the way guys.