MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why am I even getting this MyBB Error??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi...I am trying to go to the website bestblackhatforum.com I have suddenly without any reason, started having trouble reaching that site and instead I keep getting this odd error which says this:Huh

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

This is so freaking odd...I am not the admin to that site...just a newish member.
I have zero to do with how that site is setup or run.

What the heck is this all about? Google keeps redirecting me to this error page so I decided to click the link at the bottom of that error which led me to this place. So...how do I get this error message to go away so I can actually get to that site?? Thanks...
We don't host any forums, we only provide the software. It's up to the administrator to fix this issue. There's nothing you can do but wait until they fix it.
The server's MySQL server isn't online (shut down). That's what the error means.
(2012-06-10, 05:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We don't host any forums, we only provide the software. It's up to the administrator to fix this issue. There's nothing you can do but wait until they fix it.

SmileThank you Nathan for your quick reply.
If I understand you correctly your saying the site is down if I am getting this error message I wrote about correct?
And until the admin gets things fixed everyone is getting this same message?
I am confused yet again hahaha...I did a check online before I came to MyBB site and it said that the site I was trying to go to was up and running. So given that you said it's not anything I can do on my end why is the site: downforme.org saying bestblackhatforum.com is fine?

What is MyBB software used for? Is it something forum admins use to create forums and without it forums don't function?

Thanks Nathan for your help...have a great day.

Goldenarrow
(2012-06-10, 07:07 PM)goldroot Wrote: [ -> ]SmileThank you Nathan for your quick reply.
If I understand you correctly your saying the site is down if I am getting this error message I wrote about correct?
And until the admin gets things fixed everyone is getting this same message?

Correct. It affects everyone who visits the site.

(2012-06-10, 07:07 PM)goldroot Wrote: [ -> ]I am confused yet again hahaha...I did a check online before I came to MyBB site and it said that the site I was trying to go to was up and running.

So given that you said it's not anything I can do on my end why is the site: downforme.org saying bestblackhatforum.com is fine?

That wouldn't help in this case as sites like those check if the site is online, which it was, it just wasn't functioning correctly.

(2012-06-10, 07:07 PM)goldroot Wrote: [ -> ]What is MyBB software used for? Is it something forum admins use to create forums and without it forums don't function?

MyBB is a piece of forum software, it's what you're using now. Smile
Thanks Nathan...wish everyone answered question as fast and as thoroughly as you do. You took the time to answer each question in bite sized sections...easy to follow and concise answers. Much appreciated. Thank you.