MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accidentally Erased Avatar Directorys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to try to make it to where people could only upload avatars from a website, with a link and not be able to upload avatars, and have them stored on our server. I thought that erasing the directories would allowed this to work, instead I ended up ruining the whole avatar system. I have tried to guess what the directories we're and type them back in, but when I try to upload a avatar it tells me.
Quote:The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.

Does anyone know how I can reset these settings, to make them work again. Also how to do what I was trying to do in the start, and make it to where you can't upload avatars.

Thanks, NuclearCouch

So you remade the directories? Are the permissions (CHMOD) set correctly? Look in the admin Cp, click the Tools & Maintenance tab, look to "Avatar Uploads Directory" on the table, you can see where the directory should be, what it should be named, and what the permissions should be.

Hope that helps Smile
-ToJ
Create a folder named "avatars" (without quotes) in ./uploads/ folder and CHMOD it to 777