MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, obviously a setting would be required for admins to set the age to archive them and stuff.
For example you have archive forums and articles, news, announcements, closed\old threads, etc - these pages are never changes.
(2012-06-12, 09:53 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]these pages are never changes.

Post visibility may depend on user permissions. Current time, user names, post counts, download counts for attachments, etc. change all the time. Forum styles, templates, BBCodes, etc. may change over time. Caching would interfere with all of these and may end up doing more harm than good. Also caching considerable number of threads would consume quite a lot of disk space (several times of DB size). Probably even if you stored gzipped versions only...

It could be done in a plugin if you absolutely have to. Isn't there a pre parser plugin that already goes in this direction?
Yes, there's a preparser cache plugin written by Yumi that can be found here: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=497
Ryan Gordon wrote a few too for posts/signatures.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-43165.html
(2012-06-12, 11:08 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Also caching considerable number of threads would consume quite a lot of disk space (several times of DB size). Probably even if you stored gzipped versions only...

Yes, but usually disk space costs much cheaper than server usage. So my main goal to speed up forum and reduce server load and as result - reduce the cost of hosting.

Quote:It could be done in a plugin if you absolutely have to. Isn't there a pre parser plugin that already goes in this direction?

As I know it conflicts with some plugins.
(2012-06-12, 04:11 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]As I know it conflicts with some plugins.

of course it will as it totally changes the premise of how MyBB works
Thats why I ask MyBB developers to make it.
For 1.8? I doubt it.
For future.
Pages: 1 2