MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing IOS 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just downloaded my IOS 6 beta. Installing it on my iPad and iPhone. Cant wait to test the new features. Anyone got any thoughts on the new operating system after the WWDC announcement ?
I prefer functional apps and reliability on my phone, as well as my jailbreak. So I'll wait the many months before it's jailbroken for the 4S before getting it.

It is very interesting though.

I'll put it on my sister's "the new iPad" when it's officially released. I have a developer account but can't be bothered with it.
Was playing around with it for the past few hours. The new Photo Stream sharing is fantastic, love the facebook integration too. So far I like what I see. Mountain Lion for the mac will complete the package for me when its released in July Big Grin
Photo stream sharing just seems like another type of social network for sharing photos - as if we don't have enough of that already...

I suppose it has its place though, sharing with only certain people. Can every photo/album be shared with a different group of people?
Yea basically you select a photo/photos in photo stream and select any amount of users that you want to share the photos with. It then creates a new folder in everyone's stream. You can update the folder and add new folders. If you delete a folder it's deleted from all users streams. People can comment on individual photos, like them etc... Yes you can share your photos elsewhere, but I think this method is really nice.
Great for a family with iDevices.

Still waiting for that killer blow to finish off Android. It's evolution - for me to move from my jailbreak, I want revolution. Even if I seldom get an app from Installous.
I have contemplated just buying a developer account for the betas. It's almost worth it to me.
(2012-06-12, 11:21 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I have contemplated just buying a developer account for the betas. It's almost worth it to me.
It really isn't though.
Most things are generally achievable through some jailbreak apps months/years before Apple announces them and if not, depending on the complexity of the new feature, it will be available shortly after Apple announces is. Sure it may not be as well polished...

The betas are interesting for a few weeks a year and then you're pretty much on par with the rest of the world. If you're not gonna develop apps, don't do it.
Just my take on things at least. Smile