MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Computer Issues- Need Advice...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey,

Now i have small issue and i thought i would get some advice from the mybb communnity forum...

Now, i was working on na project within my computers localhost now suddinly when i tried to turn my PC on (it was a secound hand from a pawnbroker shop not abit of wonder)

It will not start no matter what i do, The clips and everything has just fell off it, and the repeairs are uptop $400 on repearis.

However i do have A Nintendo DSi to get internet access with (they dont support Copy and paste and have the most oldest verstion off flash)

So if you where in this situation what would yous do??

I will be getting a brand new computer within 2 weeks till a month...

But theres lots of work to be done on the site and a week/A month is only just deleaying it..
Clips of what fell off? Is getting any power at all? Do you have a speaker for the mobo put in so you can get the beep codes?

I mean I'm not sure what to tell you. But, if you know the repairs are around $400 I would assume it's an issue with more than one part.
If the repairs are 400 and it's a laptop older then 2 years, it's DOA. Remove the harddrive and ram, and throw it out. (Keep the screen if you get a similiar model)

You can get a cheap Laptop for that price.
I got it from A pawnbrokers this would explain why the machine didmt last long/not at all.

I only got this hunk off junk a few weeks ago, I will be throwing it out and starting again (The Hard Drive is the only thing that will be kept)

And its more then 1 part the battery, screen & motherboard.

Another 6 weeks to wait maybe longer....
You're better off getting a low spec machine from somewhere like newegg. They have a warranty and good returns. Buying from a pawn brokers is a bad idea.
Here's a reasonable little guy for $330, with a good medium-sized screen, 4GB RAM, DVD±R/RW, and even an HDMI port for hooking up to a TV. Can't say much about the GFX, but for a $330 laptop it don't matter what ya get, yer not playin' many games on it.
I guess i could get this brand new.

I wont be playing games onit, I be mainly web desigining and creating forums etc..

Thats i A nice laptop looks good Smile

What is something a bit cheaper that has a cam,mic & sd slot, Becuase i have Bought a 3DS and like to add music to it.

Thanks!

PS: I might end up giving up, Its already been 2 weeks and i havent been able to write any lines of codes Sad

They have a toshiba satelite l7500D at that pawnbroker shop should i get it?? for $300 they sell it for there decent laptops worth around $1000 brand new??? (Australian money)
It may have been worth that price in 2010, I'd say it'd maybe fetch a sale at 700/800. If it's used half the price, depending on how long.

Decentish price for specs:
http://www.pcmarket.com.au/25353_[FREE-DOUBLE-RAM]-ASUS-X53Z-SX027V-Notebook-AMD-A4-.php
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/asus-a54c-s...1-pdt.html

No clue on the companies, but for the price those are decent.(ish) If new.
That another nice laptop.

I see your currency is in pounds i will translate in austrlian currency soon.

And i created another thread I think i have an idea http://community.mybb.com/thread-120952.html

Would ebay be a good idea?
Just research your seller first. Biggest mistake people do is not doing that. If they have a lot of sales of BIG tech items, they likely are safe.
Pages: 1 2 3