MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is this Checkbox Captcha Plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a great plugin, I would like to implement it... what is this at the top of the post reply/thread page?

http://lunaticoutpost.com/newreply.php?tid=182642

Thanks guys.
They're using their own custom plugin since this is not available in mods site. You've to hire someone to pick this for you. Smile
(2012-06-12, 03:25 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]They're using their own custom plugin since this is not available in mods site. You've to hire someone to pick this for you. Smile

Thanks Yaldaram - hey I have an idea for you Mr. Plugin genius - have you heard of the Growmap anti-spam plugin?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/grow...ot-plugin/

This would be fantastic if it could be scripted to work with mybb.

My idea a simple checkbox when posting replies or thread which reads

"I am not a Spambot" - Then the user either guest or member has to check a box...

Now for the idea do I get a free plugin when it is made :p Pleeeeeeeeasez!
That is a pretty simple thing I guess, I am gonna attempt it Big Grin
(2012-06-12, 04:11 PM)Aniruddh Wrote: [ -> ]That is a pretty simple thing I guess, I am gonna attempt it Big Grin

Go on lad make mine a pint of whatever you are having Smile Is it really that simple?

I have been trying without success, if you can do it then please I would like to be the test subject Smile

I believe this could help us all solve a spammer problem.

Let me know how you get on.
Might be that just the concept is simple, but actually coding it might be tough lol, but the concept is definitely clear in my mind.
I will attempt it tomorrow after school.
(2012-06-12, 04:35 PM)Aniruddh Wrote: [ -> ]Might be that just the concept is simple, but actually coding it might be tough lol, but the concept is definitely clear in my mind.
I will attempt it tomorrow after school.

Thank you Smile If you can solve it... you will be onto something young man Toungue
It is pretty neat - but a lot of spammers are humans. I agree it looks nicer than a captcha though - and the captcha lets humans through too.
(2012-06-12, 09:05 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is pretty neat - but a lot of spammers are humans. I agree it looks nicer than a captcha though - and the captcha lets humans through too.

The humans are less in numbers we can deal with them... Wink

But I see you get the drift Big Grin
Nobody figured it yet?

tnx
Pages: 1 2