MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Makes Mybb So Perfect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
adding these features :
1. User Accounts Integration LDAP, Facebook Connect, OpenId, Windows Live ID
2. CMS / Blog Bridges : Drupal, Joomla, WordPress
3. Upload via Advanced Attachments <for Image Attachment>
4. Detect Duplicate Threads
Prevent Creation of Duplicate Content and Topic.
5. Embedded Videos
6. Bundled Software like Website Home Page, CMS, Blog, Bug Tracker, Projet Manager, Pictures Album Manager
(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]adding these features :
1. User Accounts Integration LDAP, Facebook Connect, OpenId, Windows Live ID
2. CMS / Blog Bridges : Drupal, Joomla, WordPress
3. Upload via Advanced Attachments <for Image Attachment>
4. Detect Duplicate Threads
Prevent Creation of Duplicate Content and Topic.
5. Embedded Videos
6. Bundled Software like Website Home Page, CMS, Blog, Bug Tracker, Projet Manager, Pictures Album Manager

1. Problem with adding this as core is that people will always complain about the missing one and if Facebook, OpenID or Microsoft made changes that'd effect MyBB. Also Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ (although G+ can be done through OID).
2. Personally I think anything for other software should be a plugin so if external changes are made (WP update etc) then MyBB doesn't need a quick update.
3. What do you mean?
4. I wish this was better in MyBB (I think it exists now?) as it can be annoying but trust me it's not as bad as XenForo. You can post a thread normally in XenForo and find it's posted 5 times.
5. This is already possible.
6. This is a forum software. Not a CMS or any other form of software. If you want such addons they should be exactly that - addons (plugins).
1. . .__
O | (gun to head)

2. While I think this would be good, it would be very, very hard for the developers to maintain all of this other stuff.

3. What?

4. It should be improved, I agree. Maybe if it is to a certain threshold of a LIKE query, a field appears asking the user if they are sure they want to post the thread, and links them to the other thread.

5. Already doable.

6. If you really think MyBB should be handling all of this, I think you've gone a little crazy. MyBB is not an all-in-one software; just a forum and portal.
(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]1. User Accounts Integration LDAP, Facebook Connect, OpenId, Windows Live ID

Won't until core 2.0 at least (If at all)

(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]2. CMS / Blog Bridges : Drupal, Joomla, WordPress

Should be developed and maintained by third parties. If we're concentrating on creating bridges you won't have MyBB 2.0 for another 5 years.

(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]3. Upload via Advanced Attachments <for Image Attachment>

You need to provide more information before I can respond to that.

(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]4. Detect Duplicate Threads

More towards 2.0 for that feature.

(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]5. Embedded Videos

As stated above, already possible.

(2012-06-12, 06:01 PM)Johnrichardo21 Wrote: [ -> ]6. Bundled Software like Website Home Page, CMS, Blog, Bug Tracker, Projet Manager, Pictures Album Manager

Give us 15 developers and 10 SQA team members who are willing to volunteer to develop and maintain those projects and we'll get started. Shy
Quote:Give us 15 developers and 10 SQA team members who are willing to volunteer to develop and maintain those projects and we'll get started. Smile
And make sure they're almost full time.