MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: req updated welcome message plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if this guy is still a member, but this is one of my favorite plugins.

Quote:Welcome Message Plug-In Version 1.0 Final
Created By:Nickman(AKA Nick)
Special Thanks to:decswxaqz and Michael83 for helping me sort out the last few bugs.

Are any of you willing to update this mod??
Oh yeah, I am interested in this too!

Someone update it please!
It's copyrighted.. I'll update if it you get the authors permission..
Then re-write one for us, CraKteR Toungue
What did it do then? I never used it. Also I don't write on command :p

I was actually going to write an kinda advanced welcome message thingy for my forum so you can change color/image as you want and multiple messages at ones. Now I need sleep though :p
Hmm..

The Plugin shows a "Welcome Message" box and provides the settings at ACP.

When Guest view the board, it shows the "Guest-Welcome Message"
After you login, it shows the "Member-Welcome Message"

Its hard to explain! Set up a MyBB 1.x.x board and see the plugin >_>
But but, that's the same as the default in MyBB, only you need to edit templates..
Yeah, but its more simple if theres plugin.
Well, editing templates is about the same as creating a plug in, right? LOL...yeah, this plug in is cool, since you can set it up to show a message to guests and an entirely different one for your members! It's great!

And we're not saying that you have to do it "on demand", Crakter! We're just asking if someone is willing to do it! Big Grin
I'm working on an totally different thing then this, however it can be used to this aswell Smile
Look at the attachment, it's for displaying message for the set usergroup. Smile
So you can set different ones for guests and admins and mods and so on.
I've finished the backend off it, I've yet to start on the frontend.
Pages: 1 2