MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Critique my New Thread page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Been working on this for a while now ... this isn't planned for a largescale public release, though I'm willing to explore sharing the templates a bit once I am done. Of course, you are free to steal my idea here Wink

http://i.imgur.com/Pkxk3.png

I'm trying to make this more user friendly and make better use of horizontal screen space. On most screens the entire thing should be visible with zero scrolling. Also, the page automatically scrolls down to #content and focuses on the subject field.

Thoughts? Improvements?
Looks much improved. Kind of similar to the IPB 3 new thread layout IMO. You've got rid of a lot of the crud which is good (I mean, who needs that change user thing anyway?).
(2012-06-13, 01:34 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You've got rid of a lot of the crud which is good

Agreed. Looking very nice.
"Getting rid of the crud" is sort of my design philosophy. I'm removing lots of options or features that I think aren't useful to most users.

As for IPB3, I'll confess to having borrowed some ideas from it but this isn't actually one of them -- I'd finished the main design of this page before seeing IPB3! That said, it seems obvious to make better use of horizontal screen space, so not surprised to see that they took that direction as well.

Thanks for your comments!
All you need now is a better looking editor Wink Hopefully 1.8 will bring a new one powered by jQuery...
(2012-06-13, 01:30 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Been working on this for a while now ... this isn't planned for a largescale public release, though I'm willing to explore sharing the templates a bit once I am done. Of course, you are free to steal my idea here Wink

http://i.imgur.com/Pkxk3.png

I'm trying to make this more user friendly and make better use of horizontal screen space. On most screens the entire thing should be visible with zero scrolling. Also, the page automatically scrolls down to #content and focuses on the subject field.

Thoughts? Improvements?

I don't like the buttons much. The layout is wonderful though, minimal and modern.
For sure. I would like a WYSIWIG actually but all of the current solutions seem very hacky.
Have you looked at Simon's Advanced WYSIWYG Editor? I haven't used it myself but it looks pretty solid.
Looks cool. Will try it out.

Is there anything confirmed for 1.8 re: editor?
Not yet. I don't even know if there's been anything mentioned at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11