MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: header background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I'm new to MyBB and I just installed and configured myBB on my site. Everything looks good but I want to change the style of the default header, to make it with some darker background color. I tried to do it by changing the background-color property of the header at install/stylesheet.css but it doesn't work. I also turn off the cache but nothing happens. Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

Thank you in advance!
The stylesheet is defined in global.css. I guess you need to edit body or #container classes
(2012-06-13, 05:40 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]The stylesheet is defined in global.css. I guess you need to edit body or #container classes
Let me know if you've any questions ?
Sorry Yaldaram, I just realized my reply was not submitted completely.

Thank you for your response. Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I just want to edit header, so that it looks like a blue block, or something like your signature. Is there anyway I can do this, like a div specifically for the header div? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess if I edit body or container the whole background would be blue, right?

Thanks again.
There is a div with an id of #header in the code by default, but it's not styled. You can try this:

#header
{
	color: #ff0000;
}

However this probably won't work exactly as you want. It's hard to give an answer without knowing what theme you're using. Please provide your forum URL.
Hi Fabio, Thank you for your response. I'm using the default theme. Can you tell me where I can edit that code? I'm going to give it a try.
Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Themes > Your Theme > global.css > Advanced Mode.

The code isn't there by default. Just copy and paste it somewhere at the bottom.
Hi Fabio, I followed the steps you suggest and it works! Thank you very much!