MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 themes, 1 template set, unique templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.

At the moment I have 2 themes: default desktop one and a mobile one. These 2 themes are completely independent of each other (the mobile one is a duplicate but with modifications).

Instead of duplicating templates, that requires me to update both when I make a change, is there a way I can have two different themes but both use the same templates BUT the mobile one have SOME unique templates (specifically all of the header ones)?
Just edit the header code for the mobile templates, as simple as that
It's not as simple as that. I know I can edit 2 different sets of templates, but the reason for posting this is because I don't want to edit 2 different sets.
I am not able to understand what you want actually, can you explain in a bit more detail
I have 2 separate template sets. I don't want 2 separate template sets. I want 1 set, but with a few changes depending on which theme you are set to.
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. You could use 1 set for both themes, but you can't modify the set to display stuff depending on the theme in use.
For now I've decided to use 2 different template sets. Turns out I'm making a lot of template changes, so it's probably for the best.