MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Content Management System(CMS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my first suggestion in mybb 2.0, I suggest that it would be better for mybb to add CMS just like vBulletin
It won't be happening. Integration with other CMS products will be easier but we won't be developing our own.
-1 for sure, It's called a FORUM software for a reason this was vBulletin's major mstake they should of stuck to a forum instead of an all-in-one
(2012-06-14, 05:29 AM)AeroPH Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first suggestion in mybb 2.0, I suggest that it would be better for mybb to add CMS just like vBulletin

Portal is a bit like a dumbed down but more practical way of doing this. Or you can use plugins like MyCMS. I don't think it's really needed as a native feature, but i's use it if it were there.
Yeah, I don't think it would be a bad idea to include a basic portal as a native feature, deactivated by default. Just the ability to customise a basic front page with a blog derived from thread posts for instance, and the ability to create static pages. That would probably satisfy a lot of users that ask for CMS style features. No point trying to compete with the likes of Wordpress and Drupal obviously, and probably not a great idea to go the kitchen sink route like vBulletin, but the "it's forum software, not a CMS" argument is kinda dated in my opinion.
I am considering using MyBB for a new website I'm about to build, but I am trying to determine if MyBB has any portal feature to allow creation of static pages using the MyBB styling. I've used vBAdvanced with vB in the past and I'm wondering if MyBB has anything similar to vBAdvanced.
(2012-06-19, 02:04 PM)cd14 Wrote: [ -> ]I am considering using MyBB for a new website I'm about to build, but I am trying to determine if MyBB has any portal feature to allow creation of static pages using the MyBB styling. I've used vBAdvanced with vB in the past and I'm wondering if MyBB has anything similar to vBAdvanced.

There are a few portal systems, but none are over-the-top wonderful. You can create custom pages with a little knowledge of the template system and HTML within MyBB in which you can include the header, footer, and other forum elements.
(2012-06-14, 05:29 AM)AeroPH Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first suggestion in mybb 2.0, I suggest that it would be better for mybb to add CMS just like vBulletin

In my opinion it would be much better if the current portal was built up to include default features such as Top ten posts,most popular threads and a few more like this.That way it has some minimal CMS features but still in a one page portal set up.

CMS is an overkill for the mybb forum set up.
I think there is a strong case for a content delivery system, integration is never ideal and whilst mybb should remain a forum, there is a case for this.

However I am thinking of writing this as a plugin, not so much a full CMS as more of a content delivery/news section that is tied to the mybb system rather than being a full part of it
Focus instead on good code base and easy extendibility.
Pages: 1 2