MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error with the forum when i changed servers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i hope someone can help, i recently had to change servers or better speed, i took the backup and made a new domain name for my new server, it will be better to tell you what i did
1.backed up my sql
2.loaded it in to the new servers sql
3.Added the forum files.
4.went to me domain name on my new server
and i get this error

MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
Solution:
This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider. (Courtesy MyBB.com)
(2012-06-14, 01:08 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Solution:
This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider. (Courtesy MyBB.com)

thanks this worked