MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unregistered posting post - All options unchecked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Some unregistered user posted a message on my forum and I am sure its a spam.

I checked all the settings and they were unchecked under ACP> User/groups > guests > posting and even under permissions.

Surprising in the post or id there is no link (generally spams have link)..

How to fix this?

Link : http://101deals.in/forum/showthread.php?tid=24
There is a link actually at the bottom of the post. And have you checked the forum's individual group permissions? You might have guests allowed to post in there.

Also side-note, what is your motto supposed to mean? "A Crap in a Deal is still a Crap"? What's that mean?
The user was registered when he made the post and after that some admin deleted which automatically makes him a guest AKA comes up in group "unregistered".

They are not a spammer. Try checking your admin logs to confirm because I'm not 100% sure either.
(2012-06-14, 08:38 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]There is a link actually at the bottom of the post. And have you checked the forum's individual group permissions? You might have guests allowed to post in there.

Also side-note, what is your motto supposed to mean? "A Crap in a Deal is still a Crap"? What's that mean?

Sorry wasn't able to find the link on the forum thread I mentioned.. But that's irrelevant.. I have checked the settings n permissions ..guest are only allowed to read n search and not post.. U can try as guest..it doesn't allow me if I am logged out

(2012-06-15, 12:00 AM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]The user was registered when he made the post and after that some admin deleted which automatically makes him a guest AKA comes up in group "unregistered".

They are not a spammer. Try checking your admin logs to confirm because I'm not 100% sure either.

I am admin and it's a new installation only 3 users r registered n no one else.. Pretty sure it's spam.. Need to figure out how r they able to post even though unregistered..

Still need help

Bump..

Still looking for help.
Need help.. Anyone?
(2012-06-14, 05:54 PM)nimbupani Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Some unregistered user posted a message on my forum and I am sure its a spam.

I checked all the settings and they were unchecked under ACP> User/groups > guests > posting and even under permissions.

Surprising in the post or id there is no link (generally spams have link)..

How to fix this?

Link : http://101deals.in/forum/showthread.php?tid=24
Bump ..need help
I am unable to post, I just get a page requesting me to register/login.

There is no way around that. Are you sure someone didn't change the settings, the guest posted, and the settings were changed again?
(2012-06-19, 02:34 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to post, I just get a page requesting me to register/login.

There is no way around that. Are you sure someone didn't change the settings, the guest posted, and the settings were changed again?
Even when I log out I don't get that option but everyday I see post from unregistered guest

No no one changed the settings.. I am the only one who access them and I have verified multiple times. You can see some posts by guests
Could you please post some admin details in the private Enquiries forum so a member of staff may check your settings?
(2012-06-19, 09:16 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please post some admin details in the private Enquiries forum so a member of staff may check your settings?

done