MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mahogany Folk Music Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
All about folk music new & old (i know mostly newer such avett brothers, mumford & sons, noah & the whale, that kind of stuff.. )
Check us out!
Thanks guys
Mahogany Folk
I like that your sections are so focused on music. I see a lot of forums here based around one niche but they add loads of pointless forums with it. But I think you have too many sections still, it's still very ambitious to be able to fill those sections with content daily. Merge them down and make it as small as you can.

I'm not really the biggest fan of your theme either, but it's a lot better than most of the free themes used around here. I think eventually you should try and fork out for a custom theme, I'm sure designers can have a blast designing a music-type theme for your forum, it has the potential to be an amazing theme.

Anyway, good luck.
It all looks nice and clean but if I were you I would change the tfoot color of the Board Statistics table to a more theme-relevant colour.
Very nice forum design. I can't say it feels "folksy" though. Maybe you banner area could be made taller and you could have a photo of a dulcimer, or a light-wood Martin.

I think you have too many forums. For one thing, you have two equipment sections. You might want to start with only one musicians forum, and in the description say something like beginners, advanced, playing, composing, equipment. Also, why the UK section.
(2012-06-14, 10:03 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice forum design. I can't say it feels "folksy" though. Maybe you banner area could be made taller and you could have a photo of a dulcimer, or a light-wood Martin.

I think you have too many forums. For one thing, you have two equipment sections. You might want to start with only one musicians forum, and in the description say something like beginners, advanced, playing, composing, equipment. Also, why the UK section.

Thanks, I'll start working on your suggestions!
I'm a fan of Folk Metal. It counts? Toungue

Seems like a nice forum.
(2012-06-15, 11:50 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a fan of Folk Metal. It counts? Toungue

Seems like a nice forum.

Yes! I'm mostly into Folk-Rock so yeah metal would be good.. I'm working on the layout as much as I can but feel free to share what you know! I'm always looking for new music!
I made some updates! Let me know what you think...
Even more updates! I love your guy's feedback!
http://www.mahoganyfolk.com
That's a better theme. Still too many sections though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5