MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS Buttons and other things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes, I did all of those things. It works, but it's not a good solution. It should be a one-click option in ACP.
(2012-06-16, 03:46 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I did all of those things. It works, but it's not a good solution. It should be a one-click option in ACP.

+1
I completely got rid of image buttons.

CSS buttons are so neat and elegant. Very practical when adding colours.

If we are going to give it a facelift and add a practical colour system, why keeping image buttons when other sw's have already moved on? even SMF has them already.
(2012-06-19, 12:53 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]I completely got rid of image buttons.

CSS buttons are so neat and elegant. Very practical when adding colours.

If we are going to give it a facelift and add a practical colour system, why keeping image buttons when other sw's have already moved on? even SMF has them already.

Yeah they should be added. The current solutions aren't great. For multiquote you either have to use a sprite (which does work) or a piece of javascript that I think Audentio published. The problem is it doesn't work properly. It doesn't recognise when the quote has been selected/deselected in the editor. (Or not in the version of Unova on WD.net)
It's working nice, multiquote works, except one minor graphic glitch in the Quick Reply box.

When you use this function in Quick Reply:

"You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them"

...the function works, but buttons don't react. They are deselected, but appear as still selected.
(2012-06-21, 12:39 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]It's working nice, multiquote works, except one minor graphic glitch in the Quick Reply box.

"You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them"

...the function works, but buttons don't react. They are deselected, but appear as still selected.

Yeah that's the bug. Smile It's quite annoying IMO. Hopefully with the introduction of jQuery all these addons etc will be far easier as well because most people can work with jQuery more than Prototype it would seem.
(2012-06-21, 01:03 AM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-21, 12:39 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]It's working nice, multiquote works, except one minor graphic glitch in the Quick Reply box.

Yeah that's the bug. Smile It's quite annoying IMO. Hopefully with the introduction of jQuery all these addons etc will be far easier as well because most people can work with jQuery more than Prototype it would seem.

In my humble opinion, 1.8 should be a facelift (modern layout, css buttons, PNG icons) plus many requested things that should be core features (undelete, move post, more options, etc).

If they start making deep changes, 1.8 will be released several months from now and at the same time 2.0 will become such a distant thing that it will be part of an obsolete future. Undecided
Discussing 1.8 and 2.0 isn't the topic for this thread; it's about CSS buttons. Wink

Oh and 1.8 is a facelift with an update on core features. But we're also updating some of the annoying issues that you (might) should be able to do.
Worry not.

Well... it's kinda ontopic because Prototype vs jQuery popped up while we were discussing the mechanics of CSS & Multiquote issues.

And so I wondered: ins't introducing jQuery one drastic time consuming change that may add several extra weeks to the 1.8 process?
It should be well worth it! I'd have thought its a few solid days work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5